||English ,Kemp: Stormin' Norma Vol 3
Norma the Dunedin Town Hall Organ is a large & impressive instrument. It is a rare example of a symphonic organ in which conventional organ sounds are combined with orchestral tone colours and unique percussion effects.
Featured here in the last volume of the Stormin' Norma trilogy are more works carefully picked to exhibit the capabilities of this fine organ.
Dunedin based Kemp English is one of New Zealand's leading concert performers. Renowned as an exuberant entertainer, he is much in demand throughout the country.
"There's a line from an old Frank Sinatra song which goes "The best is yet to come". Well - it's here! Volume Three of "Stormin' Norma" and a worthy successor to the previous two it assuredly is, with the redoubtable Kemp English in command of this incredible instrument, and a varied and imaginative selection of favourites old and new. I could short-circuit this review by simply saying "you must buy this CD" - but your editor expects more!"
01. Crown Imperial March William Walton(1902 — 1983)arr. Herbert Murrill
02. Sleigh Ride Leroy Anderson(1908 — 1975)arr. Thomas Trotter
03. Suite Gothique Op. 25Introduction-Choral Menuet Gothique Léon Boëllmann(1862 — 1897)
04. Prière à Notre-Dame
06. Tuba Tune in E flat Richard Madden
07. Six pieces for Musical Clock Joseph Haydn (1732 — 1809)
08. Fantasia and Fugue on BACH(1855 version) Franz Liszt(1811 — 1886)
09. Chorale Prelude Wachet auf,ruft uns die stimme J.S. Bach(1685 — 1750)
10. Suite for Organ Processional Gordon Lawson
12. Trumpet Tune and Air
13. March in F L.J.A Lefébure-Wély(1817 —1869)
14. Berceuse in D Edwin Lemare(1866 — 1934)
15. Pomp & Circumstance March No. 1 Edward Elgar (1857 — 1934)arr. William McVicker
16. Andante(from Trumpet Concerto) Joseph Haydnarr. Noel Rawsthorne
17. The Washington Post John Philip Sousa (1854 — 1932)arr. Martin Setchell