Retouched is the second collection of International Observer's remixes from the last 22 years. International Observer's Tom Bailey has had an illustrious career: as well as being in pop trio The Thompson Twins and ambient/tech duo, Babble, he has contributed his keyboard skills to Foreigner, Grace Jones and Debbie Harry.
This collection reflects that musical history, going from platinum selling pop acts like The Exponents to the underground electronica of Pitch Black and Deep Fried Dub via Brazilian popstar SILVA. The highlight for many will be the inclusion of his dub of his own Babble project. 5 of these remixes have never been released before and 2 more have never been available outside of New Zealand.
1. Babble - Love Has No Name (International Observer's Archaeopteryx Dub)
2. Pitch Black - Speech (International Observer Remix)
3. stellar* - Pretty Violent (International Observer's Dub Riotous Sound System Clash)
4. SILVA - Vista Pro Mar (International Observer's Dancehall Mix)
5. The Exponents - Change your Mind (International Observer's Slack Mind Dub)
6. Holiwater Band - Only a Dream (International Observer Dub)
7. Deep Fried Dub - Ivory Towers (International Observer Remix)
8. stellar* - Slack Dub (International Observer Instrumental Dub)
9. Pitch Black featuring Brother J - 1000 Mile Dub (International Observer's Stink Mix)
10. Bic Runga - Drive (International Observer's Interstellar Over Drive Mix)